Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend

So this past week I went 4x to crossfit and ate paleo all the way.  Friday night, I even baked these yummy coconut macadamia cookies. I know, I know...my food pictures suck, but #1 I don't have an awesome camera and #2 even if I did I suck at taking pictures anyways.  I'm trying my best here considering the time I have to blog.  It's a good thing I gave facebook a break because between farmville and cityville I didn't even have enough time to pay attention to my kids (no joking here)!    Back to my eating....everything was fine until Saturday night that my daughter went to eat at Chili's with her friends.  Low and behold, being the great daughter that she is, she comes back home not only with all her friends and her left overs (those aren't a problem) but  she brings me my all time Chili's favorite, Skillet de Queso.
When she told me she had brought me that because she knew how much I loved it, I had mixed feelings.  LoL.  I didn't know if to hug her or kill her!!!  So, I did the inevitable and had a few.  I can count with my fingers how many I had and I'd have fingers left over.  Can I say how saaaaaaalty it was!!!  Did they put extra salt this time or was it my taste buds aren't used to all the extra salt that is put into food!?!?  I felt good though.  I had a few chips and dip but can honestly say that I am no longer interested, in skillet de queso that is.  

Now onto Sunday.  I would like to give a shout out to my very good friend and co-wife, Crossfit Kitty, for finishing Level 1 crossfit trainer course this weekend.  I'm sure she did exceptional on the test and that we'll be celebrating this weekend the accomplisment!!!  But an early celebration started at Big Pink.  Ricky had a salad with skirt steak and mine was with salmon.  Sorry Carolina...but my can this girl eat!!! She had a humongous hamburger with cheese and who knows what else was in there and a bucket of french fries.  Then to top it off she got a brownie sundae.  After a weekend crossfit training course....really???  Did you have to?  (You can count on the huge comment she'll be leaving me)  Well, I couldn't resist the temptation and had 4 spoonfulls of this delicious creation!!! Oh and Ricky had exactly 1 spoonful.  I think I would have bathed in it if I could!!!  Should have taken a picture of it.

 
So, the coconut macadamia cookies....although a bit dry they're not bad to munch on.  The blogger I got the recipe from, Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations, added chocolate chips.  I didn't have any at home so I just did them without.  I'm sure they would have been even better with the chocolate chips.  Also, his looked much better than mine did, but hey...it's the taste that counts!!!  Here's how I did them....

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Coconut Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
  • 4 Omega 3 eggs
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1/8 Tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts, food processed to your consistency liking, 
  • 1/2 Cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
 Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, raw honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
  3. Add in your coconut flour.
  4. Stir in the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut.
  5. On foil lined baking sheets, drop heaping tablespoons of cookie batter.(Ensure you form them to look how you want for a final product as these do not rise or spread like conventional cookies, which also means you can place more on a baking sheet without worrying about them touching) 
  6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack and then enjoy!
 


1 comment:

  1. Well I am loving your blogging I must say, mainly because for the first time ever I am getting to meet you as a communicative person because for you that don't know my friend Carmen does not talk, I guess this proves that she CAN write though. My dear friend and co-wife, thanks so much for the shout out and I truly hope I have met up to your expectations and passed that freaken test, not only cause I would hate to let you down but because I would hate to retake it and now that I failed at my first step in my new journey...... My friend I have nothing to say, I am totally guilty of my gluttony on Sunday, but i figured that would be a good parting meal for the life I am leaving behind....we always need to remind ourselves of where we came in order to look in the direction that we are going, so no guilt here..... I do admire your dedication to cooking, working out and sticking to this, I am secretly (well not anymore) PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! Normally I am always the one that starts things and then see the trickle effect but I am so invigorated by seeing that this time it is you guys -MY FAMILY- nothing more to say other than "keep up the hard work, the good cooking, and the interesting writing"

    ReplyDelete