Friday, September 2, 2011

First Whole Week of Paleo

So enough of practice and cheating like the past couple of weeks.  As of this Monday it has been completely Paleo for the hubby and I!  Not one piece of bread, rice or dairy in this body for the past 5 days.  I must say though that it's been pretty easy.  I've been satisfied, not hungry at all.  When I've been hungry between meals I've snacked on some raw nuts and I've felt great.  Also, we've been hitting crossfit like mad men, 5 times this week!! Here are a couple of things that I've eaten.  I would have more pics but I always forget to take pics.  (I still haven't gotten used to having a blog.  I forget to post daily and take pics!) 

Here you have ground beef with mashed carrots, sauteed squash and zucchinis with coconut oil (delicious), and avocados.  The big plate is for my hubby and the small one for me.
Now, this is one of my favorites...churrasco.  I will mention though that this is done by my chef Ricky who Bar-B-Q's in underwear's.  I would post pics of that but he got upset when I posted it on Facebook the last time he did it!  Anyhow, we accompany this with veggies again in coconut oil and some homemade chimichurri which consists of cilantro, garlic and olive oil. 
 This was a salad brought to me by a dear friend from a really good organic restaurant in Coral Gables, Green Gables Cafe.  It's seared tuna with organic baby spinach, shaved organic carrots, diced organic cucumbers with tossed in organic miso.  I don't know if miso is paleo or not, so all you paleo experts out there please call me out when I make a mistake!! Yummy!
For breakfast we've been having egg whites with tomatoes and fruit, either strawberries, blueberries or cantaloupe.  Should of taken a pic this morning, it looked real nice....but I forgot of course. 







No comments:

Post a Comment