Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I was out of bed today by 8:45am. That's a drastic change for me who usually gets up no earlier than noon and who's even been known to stay in bed all day. Not only was I up but by 9am I had set up and pressed play to a P90X Yoga cd. That's right, yoga. I wanted to make it out to my box for the class but opted to do it from home since it was the first time ever doing it. I'll be honest, I only lasted 15 mins.
Anyways, the key lime pie I made Saturday night was delicious. I was going to take it over to my aunts house since we were having lunch there but thank goodness I didn't. No one would of appreciated it since they consider anything organic or paleo just plain bad!  Considering it was my grandmother's 91st birthday luncheon, I did pretty good.  I ate pot roast (no potatoes) and avocados.  I stayed away from the Cuban bread, white rice and black beans, flan and bread pudding.  It wasn't difficult at all.  From there we went to a friends daughter 3rd birthday party.  Now, here is where the difficulty began....the buffet consisted of ceasar salad, croquettes, beef empanadas, guava and cheese pastries, fettuccini alfredo, chicken fingers, pizza and french fries.  I had no choice but to have 2 plates, not 1 of ceasar salad croutons and all.  I had 3 glasses of sangria and why lie....but 2 pieces of my all time favorite rum cake.  I mean really, did they have to have my favorite cake?
But not to worry, I fasted for the rest of the night.  And it was back on track on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment